Hey guys! We are doing good here in Norristown, PA! Yesterday was Ryan and I's first day off so we decided to go do something fun! We got in the car and Drove to Philadelphia! It's only about 20 minutes away, so not too bad! I was expecting a larger city like New York, but Philly is pretty small! If you blink, you will totally miss it!




We first started our little adventure on market street! It was full of all sorts of fun shops and fun restaurants! We then when and saw the Liberty Bell and George Washington's house (well where it USED to be)! The liberty bell isn't as large as I expected but it's still pretty neat! We found out the last time it ever rang was on George Washington's birthday, then after it rang it got the famous crack and was never able to ring again!
We then crossed the street to independence square and got to see independence hall and meeting house! The furniture is all original and still maintained in it's prime! It was so neat to see the places where Franklin, Adams, Washington, and others had sat and met to make the worlds most important decisions!
It was a nice, relaxing day of historical fun! Hopefully next time we stop into Philly, we get to go to the museum of art!





5 comments:
Lucky you getting days off...not very fair! Hope you're having tons of fun miss you lots!
How neat to visit those spots! It sounds like you guys are doing okay! Lovin the jewelery! Go see some more sights and post them, It my chance to see the East coast.
Aunt Net
Fun! That's on our really long list of place to go before we die.
Looks like you are having fun! I miss ya and I'm jealous of ya too!
how ironic! we are living right close to there. we did all of that today! where are u living now?
Post a Comment